Skip to content
- El CENTRO has worked to mitigate the impact of the broken immigration system by successfully passing policies to ensure that local law enforcement does not overstep its authority and enforce federal immigration laws.
- As a key partner in the NM Minimum Wage Coalition, we have worked to raise the minimum wage at the state level as well as in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County.
- El CENTRO has been at the the forefront of campaigns in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County to fight back against immigration enforcement programs and protect our communities. We drastically lowered the number of deportations in Albuquerque by working to modify policies at the Metropolitan Detention Center to minimize entanglement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- We have helped workers recuperate tens of thousands of dollars in stolen wages as a part of our Anti-Wage Theft project, Mano a Mano para Acabar con el Robo de Salario.
- Our civil rights “promotoras” have informed thousands of Albuquerqueans about their civil rights.
- El CENTRO has taken the lead in Albuquerque to garner support for comprehensive immigration reform and have been active participants in the growing national movement that has led to victories such as DACA and more recently DACA+.